Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 0: Bonfire and Kickoff

It's finally here! The bonfire and kickoff was tonight. We had a good turnout of young women, and a great turnout of young men. It was, after all, the last day of Spring Break, and many of the youth were out of town. 

So much work went into the planning of the bonfire. Mostly, it was the detailed fun stuff that Shannon did that made it all worthwhile. 

Yes, that is a Book of Mormon cake. Kohlers in Lehi makes them.
Kits given to all the youth. Included were the Red 5 Book, a Book of Mormon, red pencil,
and calendar of events during the 100 days.
We began the night with the bonfire and making s'mores. Socializing and food always bring us together! 

Cam, I had to. And yes, I have your Dad's permission to post this. :)
Moroni came out in all his glory to present the group with his story of protecting the plates and the sacred nature of the plates.Moroni went on to explain that he did hard things and that the youth could, too. He gave them the challenge to read the Book of Mormon, then turned the time over to Shannon (our Grand Master of Red 5) to explain the Red 5 Book, how the program will work, and to get the youth excited to participate in the activities, breakfasts, and being on a team with a captain to help. 

Aaron and Devyn's facial expressions are priceless as Moroni reveals the gold plates!
Our Captains: (from left to right): Hannah, Caitlin, Savannah, Kaylee and Brody (hiding), Trevor, Devyn.

Hannah's fifteen minutes of fame posing with Moroni

We had the privilege of hearing from two youth who have completed the Red 5 program recently and heard their testimonies. Brynn and Tanner were incredible, and I'm so grateful they could come and bear testimony of the program and the importance of reading the Book of Mormon. Thank you!!

We served up the Book of Mormon Cake and gave out their packets. 

Day 1 starts tomorrow. 

Let the games begin!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am the first follower! I am SO excited to do this program. It was a great night tonight. You are an amazing leader Kristi! I feel so blessed to be able to serve with you and the rest of the presidency. LOVE YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I could come to your ward to share my testimony. I'm so excited that you are doing this! I hope that all of you are trying your hardest to read the Book of Mormon. I know that Satan likes to tempt you and tell you that you don't have time. I promise you that you have time. I promise you that Satan has no power to stop you if you don't give it to him. I promise you that as you read your testimonies will be strengthened and you will rise to the stature of young men and young women to which angels might as well appear to. Stay strong, and don't be afraid. Pray to know that the Book of Mormon is true. Thank you so much for letting me come. Please let me know how you are doing as a ward. I would love to attend another activity. -Tanner

    ReplyDelete